Friday, January 7, 2011

Most Likely Jinxing Myself

I've made dinner two nights this week. That's HUGE for me. New leaf, you say? Let's not get ahead of ourselves, now.

One dinner, a hit. The second, a flop. In Tadd's opinion, anyway. Me? I'll eat anything.

It's beginning to look like Samson takes after his mother in that way, so far he's only refused peas. I haven't tried more than two or three times because they really do smell terrible, and I can't imagine they taste much better.

Last night he had some mashed up pasta, and only dry heaved twice (trait from his dad). Progress! The kid has got to get used to thicker foods eventually!

The other "problem" we're having in feeding Sam solids is that he would eat and eat and eat if we let him. If it's being spooned into his mouth, he'll eat it. If he's given a bottle, he'll drink it. Trait from his mom. If food is sitting in front of me, it'll get eaten. Add on to that my social eating habits, and I could potentially finish off everyone's meal around me.

So, I've found I need to cut Samson off, or he'll keep eating until he literally bursts. Which, of course, has happened a number of times. Lovely.

Evidence of meal #1.

And I got to smooch on this squishy face between heading to the salon. Notice the teensy dimple?

IF I were to set myself a New Years Resolution I MAY resolve to make dinner at least three times a week. IF I were into that sort of thing. With the help of my two new books (Cooking Basics for Dummies and What to Cook and How to Cook it - Christmas gifts from mother dear), and my mom's willingness to help me meal plan, I could possibly do this cooking thing. IF I was into setting goals and stuff.

PS: I'm loving the name Henry

3 comments:

c.e.l.i.n.a said...

I am SOOOO proud!

Nickell said...

Does loving the name henry mean you're baby hungry....? possibly?

cat+tadd=sam said...

@Nickell-no, no, no and no!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Share |