Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful {Twenty-Five}

Our home

Tadd and I have a crush on old homes (that have been well kept), and I'd bet that we end up buying an older home one day and fixing it up.
I love the charm and character older homes often have, and their little quirks.

A few of our homes quirks:
The old icebox
It's carousel layout
Awesome built in shelving
Pull cord lights (we have four!)
Electricity installed after the home was built
No disposal (Ok, hate this)
The super low counter in the bathroom

I also love:
The tall baseboards and wide moldings
Our porch and little lightpost
The original hardwood floors
The tall ceilings
The carport

I really feel at home here, and it has our own personal touch all throughout the house. Although it wasn't in the best shape when we moved in, and we had to put in a lot of work (me, 9 months pregnant), I think that makes me like it more. And with the landlord paying for the paint and updates, I feel we couldn't have ended up in a better place.

Oh hey! Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Share |