Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Two Weeks...

...from today and my baby turns one.

Time is a cruel thing.
I'm actually hating it right now.
Today especially, I'm having a hard time with the thought of losing my baby to toddlerdom (and please NO ONE tell me I can "just have another". It's not the same).
I know what an incredible and natural thing it is for Samson to be developing and growing, and I'm ever so grateful for it, but the thought of it is making me wax nostalgic, and I'm getting weepy. Go figure.

Mere hours old

6 comments:

Hen Pecks said...

You get weepy over oatmeal, so it doesn't count.

cat+tadd=sam said...

And YOU are mean!

c.e.l.i.n.a said...

I remember seeing him the next day in the hospital. I was so glad you had him when I was home from Ethiopia. PERFECT timing.

Tadd was passed out and you were all cheerful! A YEAR!!!! Wow...

kiley said...

I felt the same way! At my little ones first birthday I was 4 months pregnant with the next baby so I was getting a double dose dealing with him not being my baby anymore! I was a wreck. And no, another one does not replace it. Luckily there are fun things at every age that you get to enjoy.

meg said...

that feeling never goes away!!! I still look at my 14 year old and think, just stop getting older right now. Time is a theif. he is a stinkin cute boy though. ;)

Jeff and Megan said...

Wow that year has gone by so fast. For me. It's high time I came for a hair visit. I love all your baby pics. He's the cutest boy I've seen. And for real. Not just for politeness sake. I don't do politeness.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Share |