Saturday, September 18, 2010

Blessed Food

Per request, recipes for the food from Samson's blessing:

Pork:
6 lb. boneless pork roast
1 16-oz bottle taco sauce
1 12-oz can cola
2 C packed brown sugar

Cook pork roast in a slow cooker or roaster over all day; 2 hours before serving, drain juices, remove fat, and shred. Add taco sauce, cola and brown sugar. Cook 2 hours longer.

Tomatillo Dressing:
1 pkg. ranch buttermilk dressing mix
3 tomatillos
1 C. mayonnaise
1 C. buttermilk
1 C. cilantro, chopped
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)

Combine all ingredients in a blender; process on high. Chill.
(whatever you do, DON'T buy your dressing in pints from Cafe Rio, sooo expensive!)

Rice:
2 tbsp. oil
1 lb. long-grain rice, uncooked (2 1/4 C.)
4 cloves garlic, pressed
1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
Juice of 2 limes
4 C. water

In skillet, fry rice in oil. Add garlic and cilantro; saute 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add lime juice and water. Cook until rice is done. (Or use a rice cooker!)

5 comments:

rookie cookie said...

Oh my gosh, you are a food blogger. Stop copying me.

cat+tadd said...

A food blogger by way of Worldwide Ward Cookbook. Legit.

Hen Pecks said...

Children, stop fighting.

Em & Gar said...

This is making my mouth water. So...when you say "over all day" what does this mean? Yes, I need you to spell it out for me, but in numbers. Please. thank you.

Also, I'm maybe wanting to get my hair cut soon. And I'm getting the bang itch again! AH! I'll need your expert opinion.

Janeen said...

I am sooooo all over that one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Share |