Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Start of our Day

Mornings have become my favorite part of the day. Now, although the time frame may not be the same as your mornings, it's when we wake up for good. So morning it is.

Samson usually wakes up between 5 and 7 to eat, and I enjoy sitting on our bed feeding him while I watch the sky lighten outside. Tadd wakes up around 6:30, so we occasionally get an alert goodbye kiss from him. Other mornings I don't even know that he's kissed us both and left.

After a quick diaper change halfway through the bottle, and the last two ounces downed, Samson gives me a satisfied belch and back to the cradle he goes for another 3-4 hours.

The next feeding is my favorite. Sometimes we get a surprise visit from daddy as he's heading from one job site to the other. He just can't resist stopping in for a couple minutes to see us (he says "both of you" but I know he really means little Sam, and that's ok with me.)

After Samson finishes his bottle I get my cuddle time. My little baby is breathing heavily on my chest right now, with the occasional content squeak, curled up like a little frog (a tadpole, if you will. Pun intended), with a biiig stretch every so often. It doesn't bother him when I rub my cheek against his, or smother those cheeks with kisses, or when I rub his little fuzzy head. I think he likes it.

This is why I'm not ready to move him to his crib in the other room. How long will I get moments like these? Not long at all, so I'm enjoying them now.




5 comments:

The Proctors said...

Enjoy them! My little guy was in my room for the first 4 months, and I was ok with it.

Ryan + Jess said...

Sounds like such a perfect morning. Those first few months are so precious...get all the cuddle time you can!

Andrea said...

Oh my goodness, I love those moments. The good news is that they don't go away, they get better! Just wait until your little guy gives you a big squeeze back, I love it! Easton loves to have our "night time", that's when we get our cuddles, I love it!

kecia said...

that is the cutest picture EVER! Enjoy those moments because you are right...they don't last long and you never get them back!

Jessica said...

Oh my gosh my heart just melted. He is so beautiful!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Share |