Friday, August 26, 2011

Little Bits

I've become an phone camera whore, and more importantly, an Instagram whore. So, unfortunately none of these pictures were taken with my real camera, therefore resulting in the poorish quality.

Mallory and her niece, Lucy, came over to bbsit one day, Lucy dressed to the nines, and when Samson woke up from his nap he immediately donned her feather boa. I find it quite becoming.

"Westward Ho!"

I just love to watch him sleep. Like, I'm creepy or something.

Oh, he's just brilliant. NBD.

I think we've discovered our little bug is allergic to milk. I took him off of it for a week, and just gave him soy milk. Then after about a week I was at my MIL's and I didn't have soy milk to give him before his nap, so I figured it would be as good a time as any to test our theory. Two hours after giving it to him, he woke up upset, and within 15 minutes had started throwing up. It just killed me to hold him and feel his poor little body shake and heave as he threw up. The above picture was taken before he threw up. Doesn't he look sad next to Papa's homemade root beer?

It took me about half an hour to calm him down afterward, and then he fell asleep on me, which is a sure sign he feels like CRAP. I have to admit I did love lying there rocking him as he slept. Reminded me of his newborn days.

Doesn't he just look miserable??? I just hate sickness.

His new "whoa" face

Enjoys SYTYCD just like his momma

First nap in his big boy car seat. I took this pic at a stop light after leaving Riverwoods, and then noticed he was headless about a mile down the road on University Ave, so I glanced back at him to see that his head had just flopped down, and then........I rear ended the car in front of me. Awesome.

Let's just say I'm grateful for no harm done to any passengers in either car, (although the hit did jolt Samson awake which scared the poor little dude), finding out the girl I hit is my good friend's sister in law (!), honest car mechanics, car insurance, no damage to the other car, tail hitches, only a $500 deductible, and my trade (knockin' $100 off and trading for hair). $4,000 worth of damage later...and all is well.

2 comments:

Kalli said...

ah the classic rear end scenario

I'm surprised the cops didn't make you throw out your carseat, the law is that you have to get a new one if the seat is involved in an accident of any sort. So bonus for you!

Also, soy milk beware. Soy contains a lot of estrogen and can be harmful in large amounts for boys especially. Almond milk is a good alternative if he doesn't have a nut allergy (vanilla almond milk is the only kind I like) or rice milk (but have to get calcium in other ways if you use rice milk). I just know so much about everything I wanted to make sure to pass along my wisdom. You know.

allie kowallis said...

It sounds to me like you need one of those review mirrors for the babe. I love mine... cause I can't get enough of spying on Remee in her big kid car seat. They are like 5 bucks at BabiesRUs!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Share |