Monday, March 8, 2010

Ahhh the Luck o' the Irish

I am 1/16th Irish, and I wear my heritage proudly. My mom made it a point growing up to instill that pride within us, and I'm glad she did!

Friday afternoon Haley, Mallory and I gathered at Haley's to make these sugar cookies, with the frosting recipe provided. Addie helped a little too.

First batch, too crispy. Second batch, perfection. Third batch, too crispy again. You'd think we'd learn right? Not so much. Don't worry, we ate them anyway. Fourth and fifth batches, delicious. This is the best sugar cookie recipe I've ever tried. Maybe we'll make it a monthly thing!

When it came time to frost, we exercised our creativity a little TOO much. Aren't they oh so lovely?

Ah, and might I mention the lovely Easter sprinkles Jon got for us at the store? Yes, we killed two birds with one stone and made Irish Easter cookies. So efficient.

We saved all the pretty ones for my mom, as you can see above. Maybe it would be a good idea to take a professional frosting class. Do they even have those?

Erin go Braugh!

4 comments:

Hen Pecks said...

They were delicious!

gillman said...

i LOVE sugar cookies and i am dying to try out this recipe! thank you!!!
MEg :0)

The Helean's said...

Those look so yummy!!! I can relate, I married into the Irish!! Love St. Patty's Day! :)

Destri {The Mother Huddle} said...

Thank you so much for sharing this! I am going to link to you if that's okay...if not let me know!

ps love your hair. I sent my sister over and told her that is how she needs to wear hers...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Share |