Thursday, June 9, 2011

It's 6:05

Ashley, please don't get mad that I swiped these before you edited them!


Exactly one year ago from this time we were welcoming our baby boy into our little family. So many emotions were coursing through me. Exhaustion, relief, fear, anticipation, excitement, etc. I had no idea if I'd be able to pull this mother thing off, and what to expect from this little monster. But I was ready for it. All in. As soon as I laid eyes on my baby boy I knew Tadd and I could do this, and we'd figure it out. I wanted that more than anything.

Truthfully, when Samson was handed to me there wasn't the instant overwhelming love and I'd-die-for-you-connection, but there was a very real connection. I did love this little boy, and I knew that love would immensly grow as I came to know him and motherhood.

Never could I have imagined how much that love could've grown. Is it possible for one's heart to swell this much? I now understand the I'd-die-for-you-connection, and whole-heartedly believe every cliche statement I ever heard when I was pregnant and miserable. Yes, every bit of pregnancy was absolutely worth it. Yes, everything I've dealt with in my post partum state has been worth it (yes, even ALL that hair loss). Yes, all those sleepless nights were worth it. (If nothing else, the nighttime feedings just gave us an excuse for extra snuggling.) And I wouldn't trade any of it.

I love you, little Sam. Happy 1st Birthday!

3 comments:

c.e.l.i.n.a said...

I happen to be really found of your and your offspring. THANKS for letting us celebrate with Sammer.

He is one cutie pie with lots of talents.

♥ Celina

.From Her. said...

Is it weird, that I think it's weird he is already one?? As if Sam and I are BFF's that hang out on the weekend... Whatever.

I still think it's weird.

I thought he was just born. Like yesterday.

kecia said...

I can't believe he is 1!! he is so cute! love all those pics!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Share |