Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Mamasita!

Happy Birthday Mommy! Today is my mother's birthday. I love her so very much, but I don't think I tell her that enough. I really admire her for so many things, and hope I can be half the wife and mother she is one day.


My mom and dad are so cute, and I've mentioned in a previous post how fun it is to see them spend time together now that they have the time!

Growing up, my dad traveled A LOT. He worked really hard to support the family, which often meant business trips. I never, ever heard my mother complain, or ask my dad to stay home and help out with the kids. I can't even imagine how hard it was to take care of six girls without someone constantly there to assist. My mom was a very hands on parent, and I feel that we learned a lot from her!


I just think Sue-Sue looks so cute in this pic. Smiling so happily, while the rest of us are completely A.D.D.

I can't wait to have my own kids, and see them L-O-V-E their Gamma Sue. She and Jack are hilarious together, and they are so goofy!

All us girls are so lucky to have such a fun mom. When I was just a wee child, and into my teenage years, I wasn't very close with my mom. I now watch my younger sisters develop a very special bond with my mom, and feel bad that I missed out on those years. Luckily because of my mom's coolness, my surly teenage attitude hasn't destroyed our relationship, and we are very close now! I feel like I can go to her for anything, and she's always very supportive!

How many of you mothers could raise six girls and remain sane? Answer me that...

Another totally rad thing about my mom, she's let her gray hair grow it, and she rocks it like nobody I've ever seen!

I love you Mom, and hope you have a splendid b-day!

1 comment:

Sue said...

Thank you Caitlyn - I love you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Share |