Here is the story:
Paula colored her hair black about eight months ago. She's Columbian (this has nothing to do with the story), and she rocked her hair color for a few months. S
he then flipped through her wedding album, and re-liked her lighter hair color (level 7) from her past. She decided it was time to lighten her hair.
We began this process six months ago. First process: three applications of Prava Color Remover, and her highlights. She was less black afterward.
Between first and second process: Paula discovered she was pregnant, and I blamed her hair's refusal to lighten on her growing belly.
Second process: Full weave to lighten most pieces, she was then a dark brown with caramel highlights. Very pretty.
Third process (two nights ago): Soap cap. This is basically a bleach shampoo, and can be risky. But I was ready to get my hands dirty.
Before the work began...
Post soap cap. AH! Her hair shaft was four colors. Very dark regrowth, bright yellow for about three inches, dark mid shaft, and lighter ends. I definitely had my work cut out for me.
After the color application there was a mild mixture of bleach in the foils, and four different colors from roots to ends.
VOILA! Yes, I work miracles! Cute fringe too, huh? This is under the ridiculously bright light over my station. Always makes the hair appear warmer than it is.
VOILA! Yes, I work miracles! Cute fringe too, huh? It'll still take one more process to get her as light as she'd like. I wouldn't want to turn her hair into cotton balls, now would I?
I got bored waiting for her hair. Dang five hour process.
Paula colored her hair black about eight months ago. She's Columbian (this has nothing to do with the story), and she rocked her hair color for a few months. S
he then flipped through her wedding album, and re-liked her lighter hair color (level 7) from her past. She decided it was time to lighten her hair.
We began this process six months ago. First process: three applications of Prava Color Remover, and her highlights. She was less black afterward.
Between first and second process: Paula discovered she was pregnant, and I blamed her hair's refusal to lighten on her growing belly.
Second process: Full weave to lighten most pieces, she was then a dark brown with caramel highlights. Very pretty.
Third process (two nights ago): Soap cap. This is basically a bleach shampoo, and can be risky. But I was ready to get my hands dirty.
7 comments:
OK, I really can't keep my hair curled. I love her 'before' curls, is it possible to perm it like that?
Her hair looks good!! You do great work!!
Check you out! Maybe I should have paid attention better in hair school!
Caitlyn, Please tell me that you charged her an insane amount because you should have. 5 HOURS!!! Holy heck...you should have made your rent for the month!
I have to know!
I want to know why they have to use such yucky lights at those salons! Talk about looking pasty! I always feel quite nasty until I head out into the "forgiving" sunlight!
Caitlyn,
Utah sucks huh, nothing like the going rate for hair! I won't tell you how much you would be able to charge for that in CA, especially with your talent! You ought to move here!!!
Post a Comment