Tuesday, June 3, 2008

A Day at the Park City

A few weeks ago I was asked to go sit at a booth in Park City for a Lacrosse event. Out of the norm, no? Apparently a Team Elite couple partially live there (of course their second home is in Florida), and they wanted Nu Skin to sponsor the event. Lacrosse is huge out in Park City! I had never watched a game, so I was quite intrigued.

The boys games were pretty violent! They can hit each other with their sticks and push really hard! (If they aren't called sticks, don't correct me. I enjoy being ignorant).

I went up to Park City with my friend Whitney, also an employee. We headed up there at about 9 a.m. I was so dang proud of myself for being prepared with MapQuest directions to the Park City High School. It took us about an hour to arrive at our MapQuested destination. A few minutes before arrival, we both went silent and looked around at our destination. Why would a high school be in a residential area? A hilly residential area? Is the Park City High School really in Jeremy Ranch just off the golf course?

Then a light went on in Whitney's head, that smart girl.

W: Did you MapQuest the wrong address?

C: Of course not, I entered in the address on the email we got from that dude at Nu Skin.

W: Pulling out her BlackJack to check the email, "Caitlyn! You found directions for the home address you ship supplies to for the Lacrosse event!"

I then had to sheepishly call the head of the event and tell him we were lost. He asked where we were, and I told him he didn't want to know. Serves me right for trying to be a big girl! We had a pretty good laugh though!

Whit and I at our beautiful booth. Quite frankly it was the most ghetto one there.

With a few Lacrosse boys (pretty sure they had a crush on us), and Giselle Sexsmith, Team Elite.
Our main job was to answer product questions. Are either of us trained in Product Support? Nope!
*
I made up some truly amazing things about our product. I believe I even told one boy that our juice would make him kiss better.
*
All in all, a lovely day. I've NEVER been so burnt in my life. This was two weeks ago and my arm (singular) is still peeling.
*
I can't complain about the 14 hours of overtime though!

6 comments:

Jess Perry said...

Looks like some fun times!!

Andrea said...

I would totally do something like that! By the way...I love your new header!

Jessica said...

I love overtime!!!

Tiffany Clay and London said...

So do you pay for your new headers on knuckleheader??? They are so cute.

Anonymous said...

Your story cracked me up. That's totally the kind of stuff I do. I'm glad you made it there and I'm jealous of all the overtime you got. I always tell my boss, "bring it on." i love when my pay check is bigger than usual...who doesn't?

kiley said...

I can totally see you being a NuSkinner for life. Haha. But yeah I hear you about the burnt thing. One of my arms got way more burnt then the other so now I not only have a farmers tan, but one arm is a different color then the other. It's really cute.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Share |