Friday, June 13, 2008

Today's Thoughts

I'm at work all day today, of course. Most of my family is spending time with Whethan and their new baby in California. I'm insanely jealous, and depressed about it. Since when can I not drop everything and go meet my new nephew? Being an adult sucks.

On a happier note, I may be spending some of my day at 7 peaks tomorrow. Yup, I, a nearly-23-year-old, bought a 7 peaks pass. It was super cheap, so don't judge me. I just need SUN! A friend I dance with has one too, so we'll just go there and maybe pick up on some 14 year old boys with our dance moves. Sweeeeet.

I started going to a tennis class, which was super fun the first day, and super embarrassing the second day. I'd like to blame my parents for never placing a beloved tennis racket in my hands as a child (It's much easier to blame others for your lack of talent). I'd actually like to be decent in at least one sport in my life, I thought tennis might be that lucky sport. I'm being too hard on myself, it's only been two lessons...someone encourage me, please.

I'll be waxing a pair of legs tonight. Not my own, Ali's. I think it's going to hurt her a lot, especially since I've never waxed such a large area. No Ali, your legs are not large. I'm just comparing them to say...eyebrows. I hope that goes well. I apologize in advance, Ali, for the pain I will cause you.

8 comments:

Andrea said...

Yes, being an adult does bite. I would be a little careful about picking up on the 14 year olds....that's a tad creepy. Get it...Tad!?!

Have fun at the water park....:)

Shanicherie said...

I will totally encourage you about the tennis! You seriously have to just keep doing it consistently and you WILL get better! Ogg and I played like 3 times a week for a month and I got better every time! Yay, go tennis!

Keeley and Robby said...

I have always wanted to learn how to play tennis!! I bet you'll do great!! Practice makes perfect!! good luck!!

Lindsay said...

Yay, tennis!!! I'm all about that right now! See, another reason to come to Cali...play tennis with me. I was just looking into tennis lessons too. I looked up tennis online and it said that you could burn 500 calories/hour playing tennis. It's more incentive!

Andrea said...

Yeah, because you and Lins TOTALLY need to lose weight. Yeah right.

aLiCe said...

My legs feel just FABULOUS! You did a fantastic job at waxing them.. except the few spots you missed and the hurting me part.. comes with the territory i guess.

By the way, when I went back to pick up my wallet- our boyfriends were in the office.. remember how I called him - "I get the one in the gray and white shorts!" and you said, "I get the one with the bangs" and it was the same boy? He totally checked me out... We had a moment.. I wonder how old they really were. Hopefully at least 18... :)

Meagan + Michael said...

I took a tennis a class and I still suck, I want to so bad to be good at tennis, because my husband is very good! I just dont have the coordination. but good luck to you!

Shanicherie said...

Ooooh...do tell of your opinions on my last blog! You know I love drama! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Share |