The day began at 9:30 at Robert Cole with some Kneader's breakfast. Supplies present to prep Haley for her big day: 1/2 inch curling iron, Uptight curling spray, clear hair elastics, dozens of bobby pins and hair pins, and gallons of hairspray. I wouldn't even know where to begin with the make-up Mallory used for Haley, let's just say she's incredible!
After Haley was properly primped I ran home to change, and prep myself. Well, Tadd and I were on time and I'm quite proud of myself, until we reach Lindon (sealing is at Mt. Timp) and I realize...just guess what I realized...I forgot my recommend! Of course the sealing is in 10 minutes.
I immediately called Whitney and she assured me she'd hold off the sealer! Tadd got us home in 8 minutes, and back in 12, amazing! We'd only missed a few minutes, but it was completely obvious that I was the sister who left her recommend at home. I can't tell you how many people congratulated the bride and groom, and then approached me to tell me how glad they were that I could make it. Gag. As if I wasn't embarrassed enough!
The sealing was beautiful, and I couldn't be happier for my little sissy. After the sealing there was much picture taking to be done, which makes for many hungry people. Some of us headed to Mi Ranchito for nourishment, and then to our apartment for nap time.
The reception was held at The Historic Southworth Hall on center street in Provo. The hall for the Hall's was decorated beautifully, and we had a wonderful time dining on salads, pastas, fruit and cake. I have to say I quite enjoyed myself, and it was great seeing friends from our old ward, and hanging out with family that came in from out of town!
I'm definitely looking forward to the next wedding, which I hope happens soon!
2 comments:
OOooh, CUTE! CUTE Vinyl...Hmm. MORE WEDDING PICTURES. MORE WEDDING PICTURES! I can't wait!
Those darn recommends are so hard to remember! I propose that when you get a recommend you are put in a database and then they use finger printing or retina scans at the temple to varify you are on the list. Maybe, if too many people didn't object, they could even implant those little microchips they use to identify dogs. I don't know, just some ideas so you and I don't have to be late to weddings.
Post a Comment