Sunday, May 11, 2008

Jive Dance

I just performed in my second annual concert with my dance studio, Jive, this last weekend and had a blast! There was a total of five peformances, but I skipped out on the two Friday night performances to attend the wedding!

Lots of family and friends came to support me, which I greatly appreciated! Two of my nieces, Mazie and Ellie, were also in it, and danced to their heart's content!

My good friend Tianne prepping for one of the performances.

Pretty sleepy and sick with a cold.

Two of my late night practice buddies, Tianne and Christina.

This year's theme was Unique Girls, so each dance represented a different type of girl. Our class was Tomboys, and we danced to Holla Back by Gwen Stefani.
L-R: Millie, Tajia, Meg, Stacey, Tianne, Me, Christina, Sam and Tania

I've really enjoyed dance this year because of the friends I've made!

My adorable nieces, Mazie and Ellie. Mazie danced to a car wash song, and Ellie to a surfer song. They were both so great! Way to go girlies!

In our finale costumes, which was my favorite dance. Super hard to learn, and the fastest beat ever, but really fun! This dance was to the last song from Hairspray, my favorite movie!


Ava thought it was so funny to kick me in the head!




My other late night practice buddy, Amy!

So yes, I take an adult jazz dance class. And yes, our skirts were really THAT short.

9 comments:

kecia said...

Looks so fun! I am really sad we missed it! Sometimes I really feel out of the loop being the only ones who don't live down there.

Pete Stott said...

Why don't you tell us about things like this? I need more photo ops... more photos = more sales = a motorcycle

Meagan + Michael said...

you go girl!

kiley said...

You look so pretty in these pictures. I like your hair curled.

Kar said...

Do you have video? I love watching people dance.

The Westovers said...

Hey buddy! its me sam, those pictures are lovely! you and your hubby are adorable! You better keep dancing! I need a good laugh, not at you of coarse, but your hilarious personality!!

Josh and Jackie said...

Looks so fun!!!You are so cute I can't believe how skinny you are! You look great.

Tiffany Clay and London said...

how fun!!!!! oh how much i miss dancing :(

I have a hair question for you too... how much do you charge for a partial or a full color (one color)???

tiff

The Kessler's said...

Um...I just saw this, and am so jealous. Just today while I was running I was thinking how cool it would be to dance again.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Share |