Thursday, May 15, 2008

Jackness

The Ingrams were in town for the wedding, and most likely won't be back for months and months since Whit is birthing another kid in five weeks, so I made it a point to spend as much time as possible with the trio.

I dismissed myself early from work on Tuesday, cancelled all hair appointments and ditched out on dance to spend time with my fabulous family. Some high points of the evening:

*Attempting to keep Jack on the putting green at Gladstan during our Aunt-Neph outing
*Trying to explain to Jack that although he's got a great swing, this is putting, and he must hit the ball a short distance
*Apologizing to the other golfers when Jack's ball rapidly rolled in front of theirs. Seriously, the kid didn't get it.

Whit, is your son a lefty?


*Trying to get Jack to share the Caramello we discovered in Gwampa's golf cart.

*The amazing steak Ethan made us
*The incredible salad with homemade croutons Whitney made us
*The sinfully delicious corn on the cob Ethan made us

*Jack put on a show for us after dinner. There is an amazing guitar solo in Blackcat - Janet Jackson that Jack rocked the house to.

This picture shows his face during the non-guitar part, and below....

... is how he looked as soon as the solo began, and he didn't adjust his face until the solo was over. You bet that kid was dead serious!

Evidence of the hilarity (new word, embrace it)

*Playing trains with Jack in the toy room
*Climbing into a one-man (honestly, a one-kid) tent with Jack and being the Mommy Pig. How rude is that? Do I resemble a pig in any way?

I realize most of my high points of the evening involve Jack, but I assure you family, I love you all and enjoyed spending time with each of you!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Hilarity is a word! Means "great merriment." I most certainly embrace it. And you. Oh, how I embrace you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Share |