Friday, April 11, 2008

Wedding Wear

Hells is tying the knot May 9th, and as favorite sister #1 (sarcasm), I am naturally a part of the wedding party. The other non-favorites and myself were ordered to find a gray dress and purple shoes. So, we five girls began our search. After weeks of searching, and discussing with the sisters, I found this little number pictured below.

The night I bought it online I called Haley and excitedly told her I'd found a dress! Conversation goes as follows... (Pre-story: Megan had found a dress as well but REFUSED to say where from. She didn't want the other sisters buying the same one. Seriously, refused. Like I'd buy the same one, we're 'posed to look different!)

Cat: I found a dress! And I love it!

Hells: Oh good, where from?

C: This random store online that I just found out about, Shabby Apple!

H: ....(pause)...Are you serious?

C: ....(pause)...yes, why?

H: Was it the only gray one on that site?

C: Yeah, it was so weird, it was listed with the black dresses, I feel so lucky!

H: That's the exact dress Megan bought.


C: (insta-depression)...but, but...but I look cute in it! I refuse to send it back!

H: Oh, I don't care if you wear the same dress, but Megan will be MAD!

So, Megan...all this time I've had my dress, I knew it was the same as yours, and jumped for joy when I found out you returned yours. Yipee skipee!

The search for purple shoes was much harder, and I blame it on the cank's (bless my dear grandmother). I was lucky enough to come across these little wonders listed below, and although the suede may not be entirely appropriate for a May wedding, they flatter my legs a bit better than others may. Naturally, I purchased them in deep purple.


All in all, it was a rather haneous task, but I feel as if I may have succeeded! However, only the photos from May 9th will tell...

5 comments:

whitneyingram said...

I knew all about the gray dress drama with Megan a few months ago- like in February. She tried to get me to ask you about your dress, but you never answered my e-mails. So sorry, I was apart of the ploy.

Just Sue said...

Hey...are you the only one to have the complete outfit? Just curious...so excited to see you.

Andrea said...

I think that dress is gorgeous! I can't wait to lose the tire around my mid-section so I can wear clothes like that again!

Megan said...

Truth be told, I knew told. Haley told me. I was playing dumb.

Janeen said...

You all just crack me up!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Share |