Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Five Years!

Well folks, today marks my five year anniversary with Nu Skin Enterprises! Never did I suspect when I first entered the call center, that I'd still be here half a decade later. Although unplanned, it just seems to work.


Nu Skin and I, we fit. Nu Skin's been good to me, and I've been good to Nu Skin. Basically my friends, The Skinny is lucky to have me. Is your job lucky to have you?


How about I give you a synopsis of my life at Nu Skin. Five years ago, at the age of 18, I began working a six hour shift five times a week as a Sales Support agent. I spent three weeks in training learning basic wholesale orders. Over the next few months I was trained in automatic orders, and shipping/returns. I totally thought I was rad, learning all these skill sets in a matter of months.


I endured two long years of the phones, some days pleasant, others haneous. I made a lot of friends, and a lot of enemies. "Enemies", you ask? Apparently I'm a bit sarcastic for my own good.

Two years into my employment I earned myself a supervisor position in the call center, which I thorougly enjoyed for the first 8 months or so. The last two months I realized my job was just a glorified baby sitter. Truly. The kids were happier with candy, and liked games. Baby sitter. Definitely beat taking orders, however!

For the past two years, I've enjoyed my new position of Regional Account Manager. It has required me to push myself further than the other positions I've held with Nu Skin, which has helped me grow as a person, and realize I tend to sell myself short. Yes, I'm back on the phones, but this time, I control my own time. POWER, and it rocks.

I enjoy that over 480 Executive accounts in Southern California and Hawaii depend on ME for help. I'm needed to give them advice on strategy, train them on our compensation plan, and generally update them on their account status. Additionally, I love the edge I have from working in the call center for three years. Knowing our orders system backwards and forwards certainly boosts my confidence. Am I sounding ridiculous yet?

The skills I've honed I will consider to be invaluable, no matter what. It's a 9 to 5 job, and is often monotony, but if I've got to work 9 to 5 somewhere, Dolly Parton, and I'm pleased as punch it's at Nu Skin. Nu Skin is not all work, it's plenty of play.

Please indulge me for a moment as I list a few memories Nu Skin has provided me with that I'll never forget (for sentiments sake):
  • The way my name is pronounced by an Asian (bless their hearts)
  • Orlando cab ride '08
  • The endless teasing I receive for daring to tell a distributor, "I'm sorry Sir, I don't see how that's my problem".
  • Cake Eating Contest '07
  • Troy Dunn (bless the hearts of those who are related to him)
  • Soulja Boy Halloween '07
  • Scattergories "team meetings"
  • Christmas parties
  • World Cup golden boot trophy
  • Pyscho Debbie Fox (exec) who is convinced hackers are after her, and refuses to fax, email or reside in one location for longer than three months
  • Other psycho execs who baffle me day to day with the strangest things
  • Drink runs

Five years, folks. Makes me feel like one of "them", you know, the veterans of Nu Skin. Heaven forbid I'm here for another five.

7 comments:

Shanicherie said...

Congrats! Also, is Debbie Fox the one with the crazy hair that came into Nordy's when I worked there and bought like $10,000 worth of stuff from us (and like $1000 from me...talk about good commission!)? Yeah, she was weird.

kiley said...

You are much better then me. I only made it 6 months before I went crazy at the call center. I completely agree the poor Asians who can't say our names. My name was pronounced in ways I never thought possible. I even had some people laugh when they heard my name and would ask, "oh my gosh isn't that a boy's name?" bless their hearts times 10.

Anonymous said...

Wow, 5 years. That's awesome. Congratulations on moving on up in the company. I love that you love your job. It's no wonder you're always so pleasant to be around.

Mal Robin said...

You funny.

Sue said...

Caitlyn trained for her future job in our home when she was a social teenager. She was able to manage 6 consecutive Instant Messenger chats on the screen at the same time, bouncing from one to the other and keeping pace with 6 different conversations.

It was amazing to watch.

Very proud of you, Caitlyn, and your sense of responsibility and hard work.

Natalie said...

Congrats on 5 years, that's a great accomplishment! I love your new header by the way, it's so cute!

Trent and Kimberly Ewing said...

ok, the i'm sorry sir, I don't see how thats my problem . . . that comment is hilarious! Also the lady afraid to fax and email- hackers. . . crazy how time flies!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Share |