We left Provo around noon on Friday and hit IKEA on the way, since neither of us had ever been and we needed to pick up a gift card! It was really fun walking around; that place is huge! I've never really had the chance to decorate a home, so I haven't even figured out what my style is yet! Thank goodness for the showroom, I'll definitely be visiting there when we get an apartment of our own!

Can you tell by my face how cold it was? The weather sculpted me into an ugly face, and then froze it there!
The next day Tadd and I switched rooms to the Jungle Safari! I'm really glad I booked that one for the second night, since it was much nicer.
I woke up Sunday morning and was bored while I waited for Tadd to wake up so I took this picture of the view above our bed. 
This is also a view from our bed. The TV was set really high up on the wall above a straw shack!
After settling into our room we got ready for the day and headed to Gateway. I did a little shopping at Forever 21, which is HUGE, and then we ate at Z Tejas. If anyone would ever like a recommendation of what to eat there, go with the Jerk Chicken Salad. It was incredible!
Heading over to Gateway!
It has been determined that I eat roughly triple of what Tadd eats. I had a ton of cornbread as an appetizer, all of my salad, plus dessert, and he only had some cornbread, and about half of his burger. There is something seriously wrong with that.
That night we relaxed a little in our room and watched Ultimate Fighting and Bull Riding. My amazing husband resisted the urge to watch the BYU vs. UCLA game to spend some time with his wife. On top of that, he didn't have anyone to yell with. :)
After some R&R we visited the Clark Planitarium! It brought back memories of junior high when we used to visit it as the Hansen Planitarium!

Once again, driving over to Gateway on our date! I have an obsession with taking pictures of us driving with my camera phone. I think I have to confirm that my hair, make up and outfit are satisfactory.
We learned lots and lots about our earth and planets! I was just fascinated!
We had such a good time, and would both agree it was the best Christmas we've had since we've been married. Of course, neither Tadd nor I obeyed the rule of no gifts, but we certainly toned it down a lot, and made our weekend stay our big gift!
3 comments:
Tell Tadd we are pinky buddies. I had to have physical therapy on my pinky and ring finger for MONTHS AND MONTHS. And it hurt like hell. But it worked. Nice that you guys stayed at the Anniversary Inn. Was Tadd the King of the Jungle?
That sounds like so much fun!
You little spoiled girl. Adam and I said no presents this year and there literally were no presents. But it looks like you guys had a fun weekend. Sometimes the little getaways are the most fun.
Post a Comment