Rules which must be posted on your blog if you are tagged: Link to your tagger and post these rules.
Share 7 facts about yourself. Tag 7 people at the end of your post and list their names - link to them. Let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs.
I was tagged by Mikel and here are my 7 facts about me:
1. I have a ridiculous fear of spiders. Well, who really likes spiders? Very few, insane people. But, I not only hate spiders, I'm convinced terrible things will happen to me if I kill a spider or come near one. Fear number one: if I am approaching a spider either on the wall or ceiling, it will most certainly jump off the wall onto my face. Fear number two: if I kill a spider it's family will come after me! These are real fears, and no one can talk me out of them.
2. Although some will say otherwise, this is how my time in the womb and my birth went down. Story #1: Partway through the nine months my mother carried me in her tummy, the doctors realized I was sideways, and I wasn't going to move, so they decided to try a pretty dangerous procedure! I would be the very first baby in Utah to have this procedure done...I'm very special. So, they cut my mother's tummy open, turned me to the correct position, sewed her back up, and I was born a few months later! Pretty neat huh? (See the comments section for the real story, as I'm sure my sister Megan, or my Mom, will gladly explain the actual details.)
3. Birth Story #2: When I was attempting to emerge from the birth canal (ew), I proceeded to get stuck. So stuck that the doctor chose to use forceps to pull me out. He stupidly placed the forcep clamps on each side of my head, and yanked me out. It is yet to be determined if the force of the pull, the placement of the clamps, or this amazing procedure I endured resulted in my crooked smile. Either way, the nerves on the left side of my face were deadened, which causes me to half-smile. Kinda messed up, huh?
4. I have never broken a bone, had stitches, or been stung by a bee. (And yes, I just knocked on wood three times.)
5. Somehow I have convinced Tadd how wonderful cuddling is. He was never a fan of it dating, through our engagement, or even in the first year or so of our marriage. But now, it's our favorite thing to do, and we look forward to it every night before going to bed.
6. I wouldn't really consider myself to have OCD, but I am very particular about certain things. When I fold my pants, the pockets must be face up; the front of my shirts I hang up should face into the left side of my closet, and be arranged like the colors of the rainbow; the toilet seat and lid must ALWAYS be down.
7. I drink approximately 80 ounces of Diet Coke a day.
I am now tagging the following people:
Megan Romo
Whitney Ingram
Mom
Kecia Cox
Jessica Salmon
Carrie Turpin
Katie Swenson
3 comments:
ok those are some crazy stories! it is going to take me a few days to think of 7 crazy things about myself...and even then, they won't come close to yours. it was fun to read! I can't wait to hear the 'real' birth story from your mom.
Caitlyn was laying sideways in my stomach. She was not head down for birth, and it didn't appear she was going to be. She was ALL OVER THE PLACE while I was carrying her, but she settled in sideways. I was not too keen on the idea of a C-section, so I agreed to a procedure that turns the baby while in the womb. I was given a drug that relaxes the uterus (what they use to stop labor) and the doc physically moved her into place by pushing her from the outside of my abdomen. They then stopped the drug and allowed the uterus to tighten in hopes it would hold her in place - it did an she was born normal (well, as normal as Caitlyn can be). The procedure was risky because they were never really sure where the placenta was, so I swore I would never do it again - and I held to that promise when Lauren was laying sideways and I opted for a C-section. And it is true, Caitlyn was the first baby to have that procedure done in Utah Valley.
Good stories! And I love the papers you're using!
Post a Comment