Saturday, August 23, 2008

NieNie Day!


Many of you probably know about the tragedy that has struck so many lives this past week. Stephanie Clark, her husband, Christian, and Christian's flight instructor, were in a fiery plane crash in Arizona last Saturday evening. To read more, you can visit Stephanie's blog that her dear sister has been updating here, or her sister's own blog: c jane run.
*
Although I have never known Stephanie personally, my husband Tadd does (had a crush on her in high school), her blog is filled with personal experiences, that have allowed me entrance into her life. Many know I'm not one to hold back tears, and the story of their circumstance is no exception. I feel a strong urge to help, to give more than just my prayers and thoughts.
*
Ashley Thalman just announced that she is conducting a silent auction, and invited other bloggers to do the same. So, I thought...what better to auction off than my own trade! Hair services! I'll be auctioning off a full salon service to my highest bidder...rules and details to come Wednesday evening. All proceeds from that bidder will be sent directly to The Nie Nie PayPal Donation Fund.
*
For a sneak peek of my "abilities", visit Hairon, my personal drug. (Please allow me to update recent services).
*
Stay tuned, I'm very excited about this!

5 comments:

whitneyingram said...

Good girl Kitten. I won't lie- this tragedy has induced tears for me as well. Lucy e-mailed me and gave me a few details that broke my heart. It is going to be a VERY long road.

You will be blessed for being willing to donate.

Ashley Thalman said...

hurrah hurray! i am so glad you are participating. i think we should put some pressure on mallory for a painting, whit for something baked and meg for a banner! any thoughts?

cat+tadd=sam said...

I love all those ideas! I'll talk to Mal, I know she's under a lot of stress with school, but a painting she's already made and can stand to lose would be so cool! Whit too...let's tackle them both.

Jessica Collings said...

That is so wonderful!! Such a good idea!!! I have been racking my brain for days trying to think of ways to help!

Jonathan and Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Share |