Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Oh, you don't believe in jinxes?

I love gum, always have.

I keep a pack by my bed for times that I just need a chew. Last night was one of those nights. I actually fall asleep quite often chewing gum, and have considered myself skillfull when I wake up the morning after, gum tucked in cheek.

This morning was NOT one of those mornings.

Tadd noticed my nightly chewing for the first time, and asked if I ever get it in my hair in my sleep. "Nope, never," I responded.

I woke up at 3 a.m. with sticky hair, and a fuzzy brain. My brain couldn't figure out what stuck itself to my hair, and figured it out .01 seconds later. CRAP! So, turns out peanut butter does work! I never thought I'd encounter a 5 year old experience at the age of 23. Well done, Caitlyn.

No gum in cheek this morning, just peanut butter smelling hair.

5 comments:

Tara said...

Ahhhahahah! That's HILARIOUS! I have actually fallen alseep a few times with gum in my mouth as well. Never lost it...BUT I'm not as crazy as you to keep the gum by my bed, it was purely accidental or laziness on my part. Maybe I'll think of you next time I'm about to fall asleep chewing!

=) said...

LOVE IT!

Mallory said...

haha that is too funny! dane notices i chew sometimes before bed or when i take my naps that i continue to chew my gum while sleeping! at least i wake up in the morning with slightly fresher breath! im glad the peanutbutter worked for you! if it happened to me i'd probably have to chop my hair off. :)

Mallory said...

haha that is too funny! dane notices i chew sometimes before bed or when i take my naps that i continue to chew my gum while sleeping! at least i wake up in the morning with slightly fresher breath! im glad the peanutbutter worked for you! if it happened to me i'd probably have to chop my hair off. :)

Pete Stott said...

My friend, Katie, showed me "trick" one time where she layed on her back and spit the gum that was in her mouth up in the air. Well, it was supposed to go back in her mouth but instead she ended up with a nice strip of green gum in her hair.

Click here to see a pic.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Share |