...he makes my heart melt like a popsicle on the fourth of July."
My all time favorite holiday! Although I may prefer to lay out in the sun, or sleep in a bit on this holiday rather than attending the parade (been there, done that), or watching the balloons, it is still my favorite.
This particular year was pretty chill, but the fun began on the 3rd of July.
Thursday: Department party at Mt. Timpanogas Park in the Canyon, complete with a BBQ and Slip n' Slide Kickball. I also learned a valuable lesson at this party. I am not as strong and spry as I once was. A word to the wise: never attempt a round-off backhand spring after tucking away that little talent for roughly ten years. You will land on your head.
Friday: Slept in despite the cannons, jets and continous music of the parade. Laid out at the in-laws pool, and played Queen of the Floatie with my nieces. Imagine a 22 year old throwing little children off the floatie so as to remain the Queen. That's exactly how it went. I was surprised to learn that Madi is pretty strong, and was able to flip me over a few times. We had a grand ol' time!
Friday night: BBQ with Tadd's extended family at his parents. Babysat Bree while the family went to the Stadium of Fire. We aren't really SOF goers, so we didn't feel too badly about "missing out". We had a great view of the fireworks from my in-laws anyway! I kept telling Tadd, "we are sooo boring", but in actuality I wouldn't have wanted to sit through a concert of sorts just for something to do. We did exactly what we wanted to.
My all time favorite holiday! Although I may prefer to lay out in the sun, or sleep in a bit on this holiday rather than attending the parade (been there, done that), or watching the balloons, it is still my favorite.
This particular year was pretty chill, but the fun began on the 3rd of July.
Thursday: Department party at Mt. Timpanogas Park in the Canyon, complete with a BBQ and Slip n' Slide Kickball. I also learned a valuable lesson at this party. I am not as strong and spry as I once was. A word to the wise: never attempt a round-off backhand spring after tucking away that little talent for roughly ten years. You will land on your head.
Friday: Slept in despite the cannons, jets and continous music of the parade. Laid out at the in-laws pool, and played Queen of the Floatie with my nieces. Imagine a 22 year old throwing little children off the floatie so as to remain the Queen. That's exactly how it went. I was surprised to learn that Madi is pretty strong, and was able to flip me over a few times. We had a grand ol' time!
Friday night: BBQ with Tadd's extended family at his parents. Babysat Bree while the family went to the Stadium of Fire. We aren't really SOF goers, so we didn't feel too badly about "missing out". We had a great view of the fireworks from my in-laws anyway! I kept telling Tadd, "we are sooo boring", but in actuality I wouldn't have wanted to sit through a concert of sorts just for something to do. We did exactly what we wanted to.
Adrie, Kyra and Ellie. Ellie insisted on being on my team for Queen of the Floatie, after she saw how I dominated the pool.
Little Bree bug! She wasn't very happy after everyone left. I had the pleasure of experiencing baby poop on my clothes for the very first time. Don't worry Bree, I won't hold it against you. I still love you to pieces!
Tadd and Bree
Thank you dear USA for having a birthday we can celebrate. Oh, and thanks for making us free!
8 comments:
What beautiful babies! Gotta love the forth of July!
I seriously missed the crazy 4th of July celebrations...especially the fireworks in the Cox cul-de-sac. Looks like you had a fun fun day!
I love the 4th too, and Provo does it the best - Freedom Run, Balloons, Parade, FIREWORKS - like I said, the best.
I have to say you just quoted my favorite part of that movie! Every time I say "Fourth of July", I think of that line! Love it!
you really did rock at the queen of the floatie game! The girls loved having you around! Thanks again for watching Bree for us-and for loving her despite the baby poop all over! I like the self portrait of you and Bree bug-I called her that today(before I even read this ) and I think it is a cute little nick name-we must be on the same wavelength
A. You and your hubbie are adorable! B. My blog needs to be added to your page! And C. I miss seeing you at tennis already :(
Sounds like a great 4th! I, as well as others love July 4th. I want a baby now, we have been trying for a while now and nothing yet, but hopefully soon:)
Bree is so adorable. And you look really cute in purple. Just thought I'd tell ya :)
Post a Comment