Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Family in Town

My mother underwent surgery, and needed an understudy to step in while she was under the weather, so my sister and her husband came to help out! This last Friday night Tadd and I headed down to Elk Ridge for a night o' family fun!

Tadd and I just bought a new car, a KIA Optima, and I LOVE it! This is a pic of us driving in our new car!

Megan and I took on the task of making amazing sugar cookies. Does anyone even know how hard it is to make a decent sugar cookie? Well, this is NOT something I knew before beginning this project. I got a supposed grrrrrrrreat sugar cookie recipe from a friend from high school, and just raved about it! Come to find out, a decent sugar cookie is hard to come by. Just ask my dad, he described our cookies as "throwing a handful of flour in your mouth, swishing it with a gulp of water, and trying to swallow".


I vote Megan starts her own cooking show. The way she poses for baking pictures is truly inspiring.

Believe it or not, this is only midway through our cooking. Megan not only doubled the dough recipe, but possibly trippled the frosting recipe.

"Never judge a book by it's cover"...It's all too true.



It's undecided whether Megan is gagging or terrified of my frusting encrusted knife.





Needless to say, we chucked the cookies, all 30 of them!


Little sis, Hells, and her boyfriend, Jon.


Little sis, Mally, and her cute red computer.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Infinite thanks for not posting a pix of me at this time in my life.

kecia said...

i hope your cute mom is doing good! their house looks super cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Share |