Yesterday marked my cute husband's 29th birthday.
Gosh, I'm glad his mom whelped that 9 lb. 9 oz. baby version of him!
Tadd's happy day was spent just how Tadd liked. Laid back and no-fuss. It's just who he is!
After he worked at the golf course in the morning, we headed down to Orangeville (2 hours south) to pick up his Grandpa for our neice's baptism the following day. Tadd volunteered to make the trip, on his birthday. That's just the selfless guy I married.
After four years of marriage, 1.5 years of dating...I had never once been down to Orangeville to see where Tadd's dad grew up. I was long overdue.
Grandpa Cox showed me around his house, which strongly reminded me of my Grandma Sally's home. The comfortable, worn feeling mixed with the scent of an old folk's home was all too familiar, and I loved it!
I also got a tour of Grandpa's garden, which was so impressive! Peppers, jalapenos, corn, indian corn, raspberry, garlic, peach trees, and so much more! His home is where I need to be in the summer when I'm craving fresh produce!
Heading home we took the Huntington Canyon route, which was beautiful! Grandpa had a few fun stories for the road, and I was also reminded of when the 6th ward used to camp up at Birdseye. Yesterday proved to be a true trip down Memory Lane!
Gosh, I'm glad his mom whelped that 9 lb. 9 oz. baby version of him!
Tadd's happy day was spent just how Tadd liked. Laid back and no-fuss. It's just who he is!
After he worked at the golf course in the morning, we headed down to Orangeville (2 hours south) to pick up his Grandpa for our neice's baptism the following day. Tadd volunteered to make the trip, on his birthday. That's just the selfless guy I married.
After four years of marriage, 1.5 years of dating...I had never once been down to Orangeville to see where Tadd's dad grew up. I was long overdue.
Grandpa Cox showed me around his house, which strongly reminded me of my Grandma Sally's home. The comfortable, worn feeling mixed with the scent of an old folk's home was all too familiar, and I loved it!
I also got a tour of Grandpa's garden, which was so impressive! Peppers, jalapenos, corn, indian corn, raspberry, garlic, peach trees, and so much more! His home is where I need to be in the summer when I'm craving fresh produce!
Heading home we took the Huntington Canyon route, which was beautiful! Grandpa had a few fun stories for the road, and I was also reminded of when the 6th ward used to camp up at Birdseye. Yesterday proved to be a true trip down Memory Lane!
*****
I love my Tadd so much. And I love that he loves me. I'm one of those ridiculous girls that can be needy, and needs to know I'm loved and important. Well, he caters to me in that way, which makes me the happiest around.
Last night as he was helping me prepare HIS birthday cakes, he was being SO particular about how we spread the ice cream, and sprinkled the Oreo powder. I knew Tadd could be specific and picky about things, but it completely hit me that he was a perfectionist. Which I stated to him, and do you know what he said? "Well, I got you. Didn't I?" Can I hear a collective "awwww"?
Do you see why I love him? I'm so happy to have him!
Happy Birthday Cuppy!
Last night as he was helping me prepare HIS birthday cakes, he was being SO particular about how we spread the ice cream, and sprinkled the Oreo powder. I knew Tadd could be specific and picky about things, but it completely hit me that he was a perfectionist. Which I stated to him, and do you know what he said? "Well, I got you. Didn't I?" Can I hear a collective "awwww"?
Do you see why I love him? I'm so happy to have him!
Happy Birthday Cuppy!
5 comments:
He is so sweet to you!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY...you share it with my sister who spent her birthday pulling weeds and going to the dump!
happy happy birthday taddling dear!...
ryan saw your picture and said "huh, so that's where i've scene that guy before... the golf course."
ha ha.
yep, probably the golf course.
Ha! I love that you called him Taddling, I've never used that before, but you can bet I'm going to start!
Oh yes, Tadd is famous because of the course!
K seriously, that has to be the cutest comment EVER! What a sweetheart!! :)
Post a Comment