Friday, January 29, 2010

Continued Letters

Dear little baby boy,
In the wee hours of this morning, while I lay awake unable to sleep, I finally felt you move for the first time.

It was such a cool feeling. A little like bubbles, a little fluttering, a little bit like you did a body roll, which would be really rad if you did.

I won't lie, I teared up a little, and then when I felt you move again, I giggled.

I'd love to say I will stay up until 3 a.m again for the chance to feel you again, but that's not likely. So, go ahead and wiggle around more during the day. Okay?

9 comments:

[Morgan] said...

the best.
one of the only things i like about pregnancy.

now that you know what he feels like, you'll notice it all the time:)
won't be long before he's jabbing you in the ribs.

Haley said...

HURRAY. That is the beset feeling ever. I do miss that.

Carole Ann & Jon said...

That is such a great feeling!

Ryan + Jess said...

It is SUCH a hard feeling to describe. But amazing. I think you feel it more at night because (at least for me) it is the only time I am still and quiet enough to actually notice. At least in the beginning. Like Morgan said, soon he will be jabbing and poking so much you won't remember what it feels like to not have a baby in your tummy!

Jude N Eliza said...

I remember the first time I felt that.....kind of the best thing ever!

Josh and Jackie said...

So cute!!! It truly is the best feeling when they move...That is one of my favorite things about being pregnant.

Amber and Mackay said...

Teared up when I read that! So sweet! Love every second of it!

Cunning said...

For 2 seconds I thought that you were doing as a wanted and writing letters to your child via blog.

Then I sensed your sarcasm, then for an instant I was mad. Then I realized I can't be mad at someone I never see anymore- what fun would that be?

Steph said...

aaww...I love this.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Share |